A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for announcements and questions about tools and software.
 #27705  by EP_X0FF
 Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:34 am
You also don't set "Legacy" for Paravirtualization inteface as suggested here ->http://www.kernelmode.info/forum/viewto ... =11&t=3478. Your VM will be detected by hypervisor bit. Increase size of RAM to 2Gb, increase size of VHD to 60 gb and move your mouse when this tool "scans". The only leftover will be rdtsc "detect" but it is bullshit by design and cannot be used to detect vm. Problem with this /b/ tool is that it copy-pasted methods from any kind of shit in internet without even half-understanding wtf it is doing. We did vm detector that out perform this scope of bullshit 2 years ago.
 #27730  by TeleZed
 Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:21 pm
Hi,

I have BSOD issues with Tsugumi. My configuration: Win10 host, Virtualbox 5.0.12. To load Tsugumi, I had to set Testsigning on via bcdedit, otherwise the driver fails to load (this is not included in the install guide).

After loading Tsugumi, the VM starts, it works fine for hours, and suddenly, the Win10 host crashes (usually reboots). According to the Whocrashed program, it is always ci.dll, which is responsible for code-integrity.

If I start the VM without Tsugumi, everything is stable for days.

Do you have a recommendation? Your help is appreciated.
 #27733  by EP_X0FF
 Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:13 am
Disable patchguard, load windows in debug mode. This bsod is (probably) because loader wasn't designed to be used in test mode, resulting in inproper dse values handling.
 #27734  by TeleZed
 Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 pm
EP_X0FF wrote:Disable patchguard, load windows in debug mode. This bsod is (probably) because loader wasn't designed to be used in test mode, resulting in inproper dse values handling.
This solved the issue, thank you!

For future reference to others these are the detailed steps to get it working:

1. Disable SecureBoot if enabled
2. Run in an elevated CMD prompt: bcdedit /debug on
3. Reboot
4. Run https://github.com/hfiref0x/DSEFix in an elevated CMD prompt
5. Start tsugumi loader in the same CMD prompt
6. Wait 10 sec
7. Run DSEFix -e
8. Enjoy :-)
 #27853  by EP_X0FF
 Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:45 am
kmd wrote:is there any patch for 5.0.14 available? thanks!
Nothing extraordinary new/fixed in this update. You can skip it. No need in installing every available update if you ok with current vbox.
 #27874  by idorosido
 Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:46 am
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to harden Cuckoo sandbox machines that are running on Ubuntu host using vbox.
Is there any guide / documentation for hardening win7 64bit vm on VBOX installed on Linux hypervisor ?

I want to get rid from "80ee:cafe" & "80ee:beef" device ids.

Thanks,