A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for announcements and questions about tools and software.
 #276  by EP_X0FF
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 pm
Perhaps this post can give you a tip. However I see no reasons why it can't be added in list.
 #279  by EP_X0FF
 Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:10 pm
List updated by a_d_13 :)
 #290  by davidwt
 Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:42 am
I suppose this may require too much work, but it would be nice to know which ones actually support x64 Windows.
 #293  by EP_X0FF
 Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:17 am
Hello,

Currently there are no antirootkits for x64 (as far as average kernel mode rootkits for x64).
PatchGuard, driver signing and new operation system kernel model doing their job.

You can try something from AV companies (most their antirootkits now embedded inside products solutions) and Resplendence tools.
AFAIR some of them were claimed as x64 compatible. However Resplendence tools are weak even on x32 so I doubt in their usefulness.

Also some user mode only antirootkits can work on x64. How well? This is up to you to test.

Regards.
 #319  by davidwt
 Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 am
Thank you for the responses. Several months ago I had learned how safe the x64 Windows kernel was; but I did not think it would hold forever, so I assumed it was time to search for some anti-rootkits. Currently, i run Trend Micro Internet Security Pro for several years (started before I went to x64) and been happy with them; but nothing is perfect and just want to keep safe.