A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for announcements and questions about tools and software.
 #19982  by EP_X0FF
 Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:59 am
bantempmail wrote:Whats wrong with all the PE editor writers? peid, lordpe, die, cff, this one...
Make the windows resizable. Remember them, also size and placement.
Make them non-child (I forget the proper term, like when peid beeps when you try to open the section viewer and pe details) . PeStudio wont let you look at file header and optional header at the same time.
I sit in front of two 27 inch LCDs. They want to be used...
Yes modal dialogs are really annoying some time.
 #20002  by Marc Ochsenmeier
 Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:08 am
At this point of time, PeStudio is focused on Parsing (like other tool I guess). Changing the UI is on my todo list.
EP_X0FF wrote:
bantempmail wrote:Whats wrong with all the PE editor writers? peid, lordpe, die, cff, this one...
Make the windows resizable. Remember them, also size and placement.
Make them non-child (I forget the proper term, like when peid beeps when you try to open the section viewer and pe details) . PeStudio wont let you look at file header and optional header at the same time.
I sit in front of two 27 inch LCDs. They want to be used...
Yes modal dialogs are really annoying some time.
 #20041  by xanax
 Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:32 pm
i dosomething and after all i reinstall all runtimes libraries on system and now get this

what runtime library exactly do i need or maybe is something else problem?
 #20118  by Marc Ochsenmeier
 Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:12 am
PeStudio has been updated:

. Fixed detection of MPRESS under 64bit
. Added detection and Indicator of suspicious Certificate size
. Added detection and Indicator of suspicious Certificate content (e.g. padding)
 #20347  by Marc Ochsenmeier
 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:41 pm
@Xylitol: the crash when intensive usage of PeStudio should be fixed with PeStudio 7.31. Could you please confirm this fix? Thanks!
 #20348  by Marc Ochsenmeier
 Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:46 pm
@xanax: the "runtime library" error has been in the meantime fixed. Could you please use the latest version and confirm that? Thanks!
 #20373  by xanax
 Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:20 am
i try 7.31 and work now
thanks