A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

All off-topic discussion goes here.
 #26580  by LeastPrivileges
 Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:20 pm
Hello,

I have a question about Windows 10 UAC. Is UAC in Windows 10 improved enough to prevent all malware execution? For better security, does a user still need to change the Windows user account to a Standard (Limited) account and use Software Restriction Policies?

Thanks.
 #26582  by TETYYSs
 Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:52 am
LeastPrivileges wrote:Hello,
I have a question about Windows 10 UAC. Is UAC in Windows 10 improved enough to prevent all malware execution?
Absolutely not. Not all operations require Administrator privileges.
LeastPrivileges wrote:For better security, does a user still need to change the Windows user account to a Standard (Limited) account and use Software Restriction Policies?
Thanks.
Why use "Software Restriction Policies"? To prevent YOU from running applications? What prevents your brain from not running applications you don't want to be ran?
 #26585  by EP_X0FF
 Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:05 pm
LeastPrivileges wrote:Hello,

I have a question about Windows 10 UAC. Is UAC in Windows 10 improved enough to prevent all malware execution? For better security, does a user still need to change the Windows user account to a Standard (Limited) account and use Software Restriction Policies?

Thanks.
It wasn't improved. They even messed up sysprep again. Switch to Linux asap. Windows10 is fucked up with built-in spyware and stupid marketing.