A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

#31897  by magbastard
 Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:53 pm
Hello all,

I'm trying to infect a laptop with malware for testing purposes and I just can't seem to do it. I've been searching for .exes that will just RUN and I can't find anything straight forward. Looking at this site all I can find are raw binaries but nothing really packaged and ready to go--unless I'm not looking in the right place.

It seems that a lot of malware research sites are geared towards software development and the actual investigation of the code itself but I just need an .exe that will work.

I never thought it would be this hard to deliberately infect a computer. Can someone please give me a link to a malware .exe or give me some tips on how to do this?
 #31902  by Antelox
 Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:27 am
Hi,

the samples in the Completed Malware Requests thread are ready to be used to infect a machine, for instance. You can find more malware also in many different places listed here: http://www.kernelmode.info/forum/viewto ... f=16&t=308
Use a VM to test out the malware from this forum so that you can revert the machine and do more tests. Most of them can be activated by simply double-clicking over it, even if some could implement anti-VM tricks and won't infect the machine.

BR,

Antelox