A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for discussion about kernel-mode development.
 #22024  by sima
 Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:15 am
Hi there. Where I can buy subj? Did anybody buy one? I found only this http://www.semiconductorstore.com/cart/ ... duct=12083. I know that on the forum there are many guys from Russia and any of them know where I can find cable in Moscow. Or of course you can share your exeperiance about cable using. Maybe using COM is more good idea? Thanks.
 #22040  by Vrtule
 Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:42 am
Hello,

I use COM for debugging Windows running inside virtual machines. It is quite fast when one uses VirtualKD.

Some time ago, I used VMs on VMWare ESX server where I could not install VirtualKD and the COM method was really slow. I thought there should be something like virtual USB debug cable but it seems not to be the case. I was told that the virtual USB controller provided by VMWare does not support the functionality either.

Try to search this forum. Thre should by my post asking very similar question. But AFAIR I did not get answer that would satisfy me.

Best regards
Vrtule
 #22041  by sima
 Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:03 pm
Hi and thanks for the answer. In my situation I need to debug real machine, not virtual one. I used pipes on ESX and VirtualKD in Workstation but now I need to debug real machines and the most are laptops that don't have COM port. That's why I need usb debug cable.