A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for announcements and questions about tools and software.
 #29590  by EP_X0FF
 Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:14 pm
Your screenshot indicate that patch table wasn't loaded by driver -> REFRESH_LIST failed.
I suggest you check if HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tsugumi@Parameters=VBoxDD.dll REG_BINARY exist, then reboot Windows and try again. Make sure that tsugumi.sys is the latest from github.
 #29591  by SSBIZ
 Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:38 pm
Hi, true that. Sorry!

I downloaded the latest tsugumi.sys.

And then I ran everything from the beginning. And here what I got now. Attached the screenshots.

Again thanks a lot!
Attachments
Untitled-3.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg (54.26 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (82.99 KiB) Viewed 411 times
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (63.22 KiB) Viewed 411 times
 #29592  by newcomer
 Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:12 pm
Good afternoon,

My host system is windows 7.
Virtualbox version 5.1.8 r111374 (Qt5.5.1).
Patch the system successfully (thank to video in previous post).
Only one problem virtual machine start with my original processor id and serial number. As i understand configuration file already contain info for changing this details, additionally run command
Code: Select all
vboxmanage setextradata mx VBoxInternal/CPUM/
HostCPUID/80000003/ebx 0x50202952
for change this parameter, but still no effect. Is any one have same problem?
All other details is changed. I tried different iso - Windows7 and Debian, nothing.

Also in thread mentioned about configuration Virtualbox on Debain as host system. Is anywhere details instruction or even better step by step about installing and configuration process.
 #29595  by EP_X0FF
 Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:51 am
SSBIZ wrote:Hi, true that. Sorry!

I downloaded the latest tsugumi.sys.

And then I ran everything from the beginning. And here what I got now. Attached the screenshots.

Again thanks a lot!
Recreate your VM. You are doing something wrong (or there is a conflict with something else you have installed), that all I can tell you. Note that running tsugumi installer only required one time and loader.exe can be started multiple times. In case if it still not working on your system - disable ACPI tables in config file and apply it again -> comment/remove these lines:
%vboxman% setextradata "%1" "VBoxInternal/Devices/acpi/0/Config/DsdtFilePath" "%vmscfgdir%ACPI-DSDT.bin"
%vboxman% setextradata "%1" "VBoxInternal/Devices/acpi/0/Config/SsdtFilePath" "%vmscfgdir%ACPI-SSDT1.bin"
however this will make your VM much more detect friendly.
 #29596  by EP_X0FF
 Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:57 am
newcomer wrote:Only one problem virtual machine start with my original processor id and serial number. As i understand configuration file already contain info for changing this details, additionally run command
Code: Select all
vboxmanage setextradata mx VBoxInternal/CPUM/
HostCPUID/80000003/ebx 0x50202952
for change this parameter, but still no effect. Is any one have same problem?
All other details is changed. I tried different iso - Windows7 and Debian, nothing.
Hello,

can you post your VBox log?
 #29606  by SSBIZ
 Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:21 pm
Hi,

sorry for coming so late to you but I tried all ways.

I tried installing from the beginning Windows 7, then Windows 8 and then Windows 10. In order to refresh the machine in case it had some problems regarding any software conflict.

And then I did exactly what you said by even deleting those 2 strings at hdmi_ahci.cmd.

Am desperate as because a friend tried the same system in one of his machine and it works. To me it does not.

And on the command line everything shows exactly as to my friend machine. The only different step is the launch of the vmware itself. it gives that error I showed you above.

I am attaching as a desperate attempt the log of my system in details. Maybe you see something I dont see which can prevent my machine to work.

So thanks a lot in advance!
Attachments
(127.41 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
 #29607  by EP_X0FF
 Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 am
SSBIZ wrote:Hi,

sorry for coming so late to you but I tried all ways.

I tried installing from the beginning Windows 7, then Windows 8 and then Windows 10. In order to refresh the machine in case it had some problems regarding any software conflict.

And then I did exactly what you said by even deleting those 2 strings at hdmi_ahci.cmd.
If you deleted these two strings and applied these settings again (by re-running script) vm will start in any case. If no then you did something wrong.