A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for discussion about kernel-mode development.
 #30347  by Vrtule
 Mon May 15, 2017 7:09 am
Hello,

I do not understand what exactly is your question. The documents you linked describe metadata available at various WFP layers. The FWPS_METADATA_FIELD_PROCESS_PATH stores the application path.
 #30351  by Victor43
 Mon May 15, 2017 7:00 pm
Vrtule wrote:Hello,

I do not understand what exactly is your question. The documents you linked describe metadata available at various WFP layers. The FWPS_METADATA_FIELD_PROCESS_PATH stores the application path.
Yes exactly that was the confirmation which I was looking for. One more question please where in the Inspect sample where I can access this data (namely application path) ? Would it be in the callout's classifyFn callout function ? If yes any hints which function that might be ? Perhaps the TLInspectALEConnectClassify function ?

Thank you
Last edited by Victor43 on Mon May 15, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #30352  by Vrtule
 Mon May 15, 2017 7:07 pm
Use KdPrintEx/DbgPrintEx to send debug prints to debugger. If you are using WinDbg, then the following command will setup the kernel in a way that all debug prints will be sent to the debugger (you need to have correct symbols):
Code: Select all
ed Kd_DEFAULT_Mask 0xffff
 #30353  by Victor43
 Mon May 15, 2017 8:32 pm
Vrtule wrote:Use KdPrintEx/DbgPrintEx to send debug prints to debugger. If you are using WinDbg, then the following command will setup the kernel in a way that all debug prints will be sent to the debugger (you need to have correct symbols):
Code: Select all
ed Kd_DEFAULT_Mask 0xffff
Thank you again. But I had one more question to ask. Where in the Inspect sample where I can access this data (namely application path) ? Would it be in the callout's classifyFn callout function ? If yes any hints which function that might be ? Perhaps the TLInspectALEConnectClassify function ?