A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for announcements and questions about tools and software.
 #2571  by CloneRanger
 Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 pm
Cameyo
Cameyo is a free, open-architecture application virtualization product. It combines best-of-breed application virtualization technology with simplicity.

Application virtualization technology packages entire applications into a single standalone executable, eliminating the need to install.

While application virtualization technology has been around for years, good application virtualization products have been expensive and complex to learn. Whether you are a home user or an enterprise IT administrator, take your applications with you or deploy them easily.

At Cameyo, we believe application virtualization should be within everyone's reach.
http://www.cameyo.com/index.aspx
Attachments
cam.gif
cam.gif (19.98 KiB) Viewed 761 times
 #2576  by GamingMasteR
 Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:44 am
Hello CloneRanger,

This is a packaging product, you can't run virtual OS using this .
Something like Thinstall ...
 #2587  by EP_X0FF
 Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:10 pm
Hello,

Posts regarding Cameyo moved from Virtual Machines to this topic.

Regards.
 #2589  by gjf
 Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:24 pm
Excellent application! Trying to download from home page leads to http 404 :lol:
 #2592  by CloneRanger
 Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:36 pm
@ GamingMasteR

OK thanks :)

@ EP_X0FF

;)

@ gjf

Glad someone likes it ;)
 #2595  by gjf
 Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:51 pm
CloneRanger wrote:Glad someone likes it ;)
Don't know yet - I just want to test it.
 #2599  by CloneRanger
 Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:46 pm
@ gjf

When you said,
Excellent application!
I thought you had tested it, or already knew something about it ;) Let us know what you think of it :)
 #2742  by gjf
 Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:55 am
CloneRanger,

OK, if you want to know my opinion - I can tell you: negative. And I can explain why.

1. All parameters of portable programs are stored in registry: HKCU/VOS. If I will delete it - nothing can be started :(
2. All sandboxes are stored at %userprofile%\Application Data\VOS\ - there is no possibiltiy to create portable projects for flash disks.
3. It is not possible to compress the project so it it quite huge.
4. I tried to portable five programs. Two of them could not start: one of them is SnagIt, which works perfetc with ThinApp.

So - it is a lot of work to do with this software.