A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for analysis and discussion about malware.
 #1217  by Buster_BSA
 Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:41 am
Hi.

Maybe some of you know I collect malware. I have a good collection and I thought I could offer a deal to other forum members that also collect.

What´s the deal? For every KAV detected sample I miss I will send 10 samples you choose from my collection.

If anyone is interested send me a private message for further instructions and conditions.

You can take a look at the samples from my collection here: http://hotfile.com/dl/46028698/5c96cd2/LOGS.RAR.html
 #1219  by Babibee
 Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:04 pm
Hi Buster,

I suggest we should not do that here in this forum. As you can see here, people are sharing samples without any condition for the sake of awareness to new threats found in the wild. So, let's just share samples worth sharing regardless of detected or not detected by any AV. People here are submitting to virus total anyway and through that KAV eventually may have the samples for them to detect if they still didn't detect it based on virus total results.
 #1224  by Buster_BSA
 Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:29 pm
Hi Babibee:

Here most people get a malware sample here and there every day or every week. That´s not my case. If I get 40k samples, It´s not possible to upload everything, so what should I upload?

If you see a sample in particular you are interested in, just let me know.
 #1227  by Tesk
 Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:58 pm
Buster_BSA - You can try to get some deals to some companies?

I have access to FTP servers at:
Sunbelt
Norman
Avira
Prevx
Trend Micro
Zillya
Comodo

If you need any way to get in contact with some of those vendors, I might help you.

Else, I have a 30/30 mbit line and a server running 24/7 so I can easily upload huge ammounts of samples. :)

I am uploading everything I have to any vendor, who want a copy of my malware and for free. Malware should not be private, but neither should everyone have access to malwares. Controlled access, but definitely open so as many vendors as possible can secure their costumers. :) - Isn't that what we are all trying too? :roll:

I have planned I should try to organize it a bit better than right now, but I have 120 GB and I am not a collector in anyway. I just keep a sample of every malware I submit, because if a new vendor suddenly pops up, I can offer them a great collection of various files so they at least can have some detection. :)
Last edited by Tesk on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.