Symantec
1%
Other
13%
None
48%
 #25386  by Microwave89
 Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:49 am
Hi, tried a year without and didn't experience any issues so far.
Yesterday, I just started out with an attempt to write my own, using one and only one hopefully small driver and not about 6 to 7 bloated ones like Kaspersky..
Actually, it is rather going to be an HIDS, since I don't care when it comes to signatures or filebased detection so I won't have a scanning engine.

Best Regards

Microwave89
 #25387  by TETYYSs
 Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:07 pm
Microwave89 wrote:Hi, tried a year without and didn't experience any issues so far.
Actually, it is rather going to be an HIDS, since I don't care when it comes to signatures or filebased detection so I won't have a scanning engine.
That's great, I'll be waiting for it.

Im not using any AV because those things are more bloated than windows itself, had no problems since I uninstalled Avira 4~ years ago and my system has never been so fast™.
 #25441  by EP_X0FF
 Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:58 am
Munsta wrote:Should have added some HIPS (that you dont hate excessivly) EP_X0FF to the new poll :(
HIPS are not AV's. Who ever use them - only totally dumb people who like 5 minutes boot lags and Allow/Remember/DoNotAsk marathons?
 #25446  by Munsta
 Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:06 am
There is gaming/silent mode and then there is SSD in raid0 you know :roll: ? If HIPS users are dumb then I don't want to know what AV users are... :lol: You really expect me (others) to use Windows backdoored sh1t without some agressive anoying filters? (ZDI posts anyone?)
 #25448  by EP_X0FF
 Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:17 am
Munsta wrote:You really expect me (others) to use Windows backdoored sh1t without some agressive anoying filters? (ZDI posts anyone?)
lolwut? Are you using backdoored Windows shit and backdoored Windows HIPS?
 #25452  by Munsta
 Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:11 am
EP_X0FF wrote:
Munsta wrote:You really expect me (others) to use Windows backdoored sh1t without some agressive anoying filters? (ZDI posts anyone?)
lolwut? Are you using backdoored Windows shit and backdoored Windows HIPS?
I have to, MSDNAA and its not up to me, Im happy that I talked people I work for not to use Java haha, but I started to love new Visual Studio so even at home I don't use linux, only for clang stuff.

PS We are all using backdoored Windows (sadlly), just check new ZDI post about "patched" 0day, and I hope Outpost isn't backdoored, but developer was caught red handed before hmmm, now you got me thinking.
 #25457  by EP_X0FF
 Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:06 pm
You should pay less attention to mass media idiots. Bugged? Yes. Backdoored? No.
 #25518  by h00key
 Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:58 pm
Avast! because it is the least bad of the 3+1 big free AVs. Unfortunately even it is not free of bloat and various kinds of social media garbage anymore.