A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

All off-topic discussion goes here.
 #27234  by colbyiscute4e
 Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:16 pm
Hello!
Haven't been on the fourm recently but I do have a question that has been bugging me.

Every once and a while I get a email that says its from me. But, when I look at the original email, it is from another server. All those emails are spam and have links so I don't click on them. My computer is at my other house so I can't post the original text yet. Does anyone know how I can stop these messages?
 #27236  by TETYYSs
 Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:28 pm
colbyiscute4e wrote:Hello!
Haven't been on the fourm recently but I do have a question that has been bugging me.

Every once and a while I get a email that says its from me. But, when I look at the original email, it is from another server. All those emails are spam and have links so I don't click on them. My computer is at my other house so I can't post the original text yet. Does anyone know how I can stop these messages?
Generally, you can't. Report them to Google and they will do what they can to stop them nothing.
 #27603  by h00key
 Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:06 pm
I remember getting this sort of spam years ago. If the Gmail spam filter doesn't detect them, one quick n dirty solution is to make a filter that puts all incoming messages that have your own address as sender to trash. You don't usually need to send messages to yourself so it only affects spam.