A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for announcements and questions about tools and software.
 #26010  by CloneRanger
 Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:07 am
I sent a PM the other day to a_d_13 but i now discover he hasn't checked in for a few months ! So that's why i'm posting it in here.

Hi, found a new'ish one to add.
Padvish AntiRootkit

Introduction

Rootkits are types of malware designed to covertly influence, abuse and dysfunction at some point the system. This type of malwares in many cases perform their task by forging the performance of the functions of the operating system and will survive by curtaining its presence in various sectors, including system files, registry keys, processes, and memory.
Because of the performance of this type of malware identifying and complete cleansing them by antivirus is not enough. To this end, the anti rootkit tools are used. Padvish Anti-rootkit is a tool that in addition to the identifying and removal of known rootkits will be able to identify suspicious behavior of your system. With the implementation of this program your system is scanned in a short time and if in case of finding rootkits they will be fully cleaned by this tool.
It should be stressed that the current anti-virus Padvish is able to detect rootkits and prevent your computer from being infected, but it is not able to clean up a computer that has been infected with rootkits already and this is why the anti-rootkit is published separately.

Supported operating systems

Microsoft Windows XP SP3 (32 / 64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32 / 64 bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32 / 64 bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (32 / 64 bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32 / 64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (32 / 64 bit)
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (32 / 64 bit)

http://www.padvish-antivirus.com/conten ... ntirootkit
Appears to be only available in the Persian Language. I'm only posting it for inclusion in the ARK thread, as it's not been mentioned before. If someone could try it & see how it compares to others, that would be nice !

Regards
 #26011  by EP_X0FF
 Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:31 am
There is no English GUI which makes it useless for general public. And it BSOD's just after starting scan with NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM bugcheck. Yet Another Useless BSOD Generator.
 #26012  by CloneRanger
 Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:25 pm
@ EP_X0FF

Thanx for being able to test it. Pity about the BSOD. Quite a number of ARK's have done that, in their earlier releases. Maybe they might improve it ?

Regards