A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Forum for discussion about kernel-mode development.
 #3402  by driverobject
 Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:55 am
Awesome information dude, however I had many issues with setting this up, as it fails on Win7 machines or at least that was my experience. I'll try and install this on an XP with 2008. Is that the 2003 DDK you have installed on that machine?
 #3864  by IX_0X
 Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:27 pm
This is an awesome addition, I've been looking for something like this a little while. It also works for me and I'm on Windows 7 32 bit edition. How come intellisense is not working though?
Last edited by IX_0X on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #3866  by IX_0X
 Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:44 pm
GamingMasteR wrote:
Could someone explain to me why the structures like IRP and DRIVER_OBJECT are not defined anywhere though, because that is what I'm looking for.
Both structures are defined in ntddk.h/wdm.h
Yea, i just looked that up myself and i edited my post, sorry. What I mean to say was that intellisence is not working at all.

EDIT: Intellisence is working somewhat, but some functions and structures it does not show, despite me being able to find them in wdm.h. :S
 #3869  by gglittle
 Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:35 pm
IX_0X wrote:
GamingMasteR wrote:
Could someone explain to me why the structures like IRP and DRIVER_OBJECT are not defined anywhere though, because that is what I'm looking for.
Both structures are defined in ntddk.h/wdm.h
Yea, i just looked that up myself and i edited my post, sorry. What I mean to say was that intellisence is not working at all.

EDIT: Intellisence is working somewhat, but some functions and structures it does not show, despite me being able to find them in wdm.h. :S
Which version of VisualStudio?

Gary Little