A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

Ask your beginner questions here.
 #1848  by hack004
 Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 am
i find by using a software calld "Xuetr" some SSDT function was inline hook,but,i using similar "Kernel Detective v1.3.1" and "Rootkit Unhook" no find SSDT functions has been hook,but i using "Rootkit Unhook" viewing has been source ASM code of the hook functions,found some clues,which are using such methods
//---------------------------------
push 0x123456 //assume it's 0x123456
ret
//---------------------------------------------
I Want recover them,May I ask What? or some examples.,BTW:in cann't directly "NOP" the cases.Thans for help me.
 #1852  by hack004
 Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:39 pm
EP_X0FF wrote:http://translate.google.com/
I'm sorry,,, - -,,english is not too good.~i translated it with GOOGLE translate~ :roll:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I use one called "XueTr" software to view the SSDT HOOK function, found in several functions are Inline HOOK, but I used the"Kernel Detective v1.3.1"and "Rootkit Unhook" similar software, but shows no HOOK, then I used the "Rootkit Unhook" checked those HOOK function disassembly code, find the previous is:
//----------------------------------
push 0x123456 //assume it's 0x123456
ret
//------------------------------------------
I want to recover them, may I ask what's the method not? I am not sure if "NOP" or the previous function during the first few bytes can be replaced, are there examples in this regard?
 #1853  by EP_X0FF
 Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:43 pm
You need to get original bytes of function from image from the disk. After this you can restore hooked function.
 #1855  by hack004
 Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:14 pm
Thanks for quick reply,
//------------------------------
about you refer to the disk,is in the ntoskrnl.exe file gets?,very much hope you can give me a sample.
 #1875  by GamingMasteR
 Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:52 pm
Hi,

I think XueTr shows it's own hooks, maybe it shows the inline hooks in the ssdt hooks dialog too, while RkU & KeDetective show inline hooks only in the inline hooks dialog (not mixed with ssdt dialog) .