A forum for reverse engineering, OS internals and malware analysis 

#835  by Fyyre
 Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 am
It is much easier to disable GameGuard from user mode then to waste time attacking it in kernel mode. Right EP?... ;)

All that is required is modification of function: CGameGuard::InitNPGameMonI ... to make it return 0x755 (GameMon Success value). GameGuard functions are linked into the game exe or certain dll at compile time (depends on the game). It amounts to usually: unpacking the exe for whatever game, searching for byte signature and making modification.

GamingMasteR,

Some time ago...I made a 'game emulator' for GameMon... so you may RCE GG without a game... it is 5MB rar'd - let me know if you want a copy, I will PM you.

-Fyyre
 #886  by juan81
 Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:15 am
Fyyre wrote:It is much easier to disable GameGuard from user mode then to waste time attacking it in kernel mode. Right EP?... ;)

All that is required is modification of function: CGameGuard::InitNPGameMonI ... to make it return 0x755 (GameMon Success value). GameGuard functions are linked into the game exe or certain dll at compile time (depends on the game). It amounts to usually: unpacking the exe for whatever game, searching for byte signature and making modification.

GamingMasteR,

Some time ago...I made a 'game emulator' for GameMon... so you may RCE GG without a game... it is 5MB rar'd - let me know if you want a copy, I will PM you.

-Fyyre
hi,

i know this forum because your link from your web site >,<..
because i use your GG bypass from your web site like DXsetup.dll >,< at Lineage in my country.. >,<

this my question
1. how can change CGameGuard::InitNPGameMonI ... to make it return 0x755 without detection only kerneldetective can run without detection...?
2. what Byte signature system for Gameguard nprotect use? because that game i have unpacked it.

@GamingMasteR : kerneldetective 1.31 can not copy paste more than 1 line to edit >,< more difficult to change / make script.. from dissasmbler box and binary paste can not to more than 1 line >,<.
Last edited by juan81 on Tue May 11, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #17707  by 6748222
 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:10 pm
How do u guys, debbug GameMon.des( Gameguard )? I cant even atach olly to it, gamemon.des not even in "protess to atach" list. Mather of fact if i atach CheatEngine debuger to gamemon gamemon simply exit..
How all u guys debbug it?
 #17732  by EP_X0FF
 Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:29 pm
AFAIR gamemon.des is unlinking from processes linked list at driver level. Don't remember exact details, because we with Fyyre (mostly Fyyre of course:) ) worked with it... maybe five years ago (it was with Lineage2) but maybe it is possible to disable driver protection or disabllow it. Also this crapware prevents processes dumping/reading process memory by multiple splicing in kernel mode.